Side Cover changes between years WR/YZ?

4 replies to this topic
  • coxr650l

Posted November 12, 2013 - 06:21 AM

I busted the clutch cover on my 09' WR450 on 5 Miles of Hell and need to know what years will fit.  I am pretty sure all 03-Present WR (and 03-09 YZ) covers (Stator and Clutch) are the same but need some clarification......

5MoH_022_01_zpsfc901be9.jpg

Looking at part numbers they are the same between 03-Present WR and 03-09 YZ except for the the 2nd to last series of numbers, which I believe are batch numbers (denoting a different color or logo stamping).  For example the early WRs use part number 5TA-15415-10-00 and the 07-09's use 5TA-15415-20-00 and then the new WR use the same part number but with a "30" in place of the "10" or "20"  The stator covers also has the same variation in numbering.  

I am 95% sure any year is interchangeable and am trying to get TrailJammer Designs  to make his case armor for WRs and he said if most years are interchangeable he will probably start making Yamaha Stuff.  I have busted 3 clutch covers so far on the WR and would love something like this......

image.jpg

If there are any parts guys let me know if all years are interchangeable.  

Thanks

Edited by coxr650l, November 12, 2013 - 06:23 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 12, 2013 - 06:26 AM

There were big changes to the the '08 motor, so you can bet '08-'11 will all fit, but prior to that, you'll have to do more research.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • coxr650l

Posted November 12, 2013 - 06:41 AM

There were big changes to the the '08 motor, so you can bet '08-'11 will all fit, but prior to that, you'll have to do more research.

In 08 there were engine changes?  Are you talking about the FI engine that came out in 2011 (I think)?  I know for a fact all 07-09 (10ish) carbed WRs are the same.  They are the exact same bike, just different graphics.  The new FI very well could be different, but from what I have seen it is still the same basic engine design, just like all WR and YZ from 03 on.  

I really just need clarification on how the part numbers are coded.  All years of WR and YZ (03-09) have the same part number except for the 2nd to last series of numbers, which I think is a "batch" number.  I say this because in many parts fischs say that part supersedes one of the older part number, the only difference being the 2nd to last series of numbers......

Thanks for the help.

Edited by coxr650l, November 12, 2013 - 06:42 AM.

• eRRmmm

Posted November 14, 2013 - 10:44 AM

The Aus GYTR site lists the same part number for a clutch cover from 2003-13

http://yshop.yamaha-...-clutch-cover-2

so it would appear they are all the same.

• coxr650l

Posted November 14, 2013 - 07:06 PM

The Aus GYTR site lists the same part number for a clutch cover from 2003-13

http://yshop.yamaha-...-clutch-cover-2

so it would appear they are all the same.

Thanks!  That is what I thought, but I was trying to find something in print to show that.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.