2011 YZ450F wiring a headlight

5 replies to this topic
  • Miorfino

Posted November 12, 2013 - 03:35 AM

Hey I just bought a 11 yz450f and I want to wire up a wr450 headlight need help from start anyone have exp will be helpful

• Mutley53

Posted November 12, 2013 - 05:54 PM

For power and ground you can splice into or connect to the tuner port. The ECU is in the way to easily put a headlight on. You can either relocate the ECU or space the light out. Search the forum as several people have done this on 2010+ bikes and have documented pretty well what they had to do.

• WouldsAssassin

Posted November 12, 2013 - 09:07 PM

I just put a Polisport LED light on my 11. Was going to start a new thread but here's the gist of it.

The Polisport LED light clears the ECU.

Contact BajaDesigns for a plug and play harness and switch for your lighting needs. I think it was $20+ shipping, Makes life really easy.

Install. If you need more than 6W of light, buy a 9 or 12W bulb or two and replace the 3W bulbs. I was pretty impressed with how much light I got from the two 3W bulbs. You won't win a race but you'll get back to camp safe if your ride runs long. Eventually I will replace the high beam with a 12W bulb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Miorfino

Posted November 13, 2013 - 11:40 AM

I'll look into that thanks a lot

• Miorfino

Posted November 13, 2013 - 11:46 AM

What model led light does clear the ecu a link if you could

• WouldsAssassin

Posted November 13, 2013 - 06:02 PM

There's only one.

http://www.polisport...cias.php?ID=118

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.