What is the BEST exhaust?

22 replies to this topic
  • javelinmxer

Posted December 23, 2001 - 06:16 PM

I recently purchased a 2002 YZ426 and I would like your opinion as to the best performance exhaust on the market and why. Big Gun exhaust has given me a discount price on their system, but I want to make sure I'm not missing the boat b/c this is my first 4 stroke. Plus I need all the power I can get to qualify for Loretta's in the A class. So please help me find the most horse power.

• motoman393

Posted December 23, 2001 - 06:25 PM

http://www.taliaferr...t/thunderalley/

• yzfguy

Posted December 23, 2001 - 06:40 PM

www.dubachracing.com

2002 426

• yzernie

Posted December 23, 2001 - 07:08 PM

http://www.strokerspeed.com

• thumpy

Posted December 23, 2001 - 07:33 PM

Thunder Alley. Do a search and read the comparison between the Dubach pipe and the Thunder Alley pipe. Buy any pipe you feel comfortable with, if it isn't a Thunder Alley you'll be looking at one from a rear view!

They're hand made, excellent quality, unbeatable performance, and less $ than the brand named pipes.

I found out about them accidentally. I was at a track (Lake Elsinore) and they were there with a batch of their pipes and they were letting people demo pipes! When have you ever been able to demo any after market product?? So I took them up on it and headed for the track. Yada, yada, yada, I now own one and when the bike gets sold the pipe will stay with me for installation on the new one! You've been warned.

• WileE1

Posted December 23, 2001 - 08:23 PM

Go with Dr. D.
http://www.dubachracing.com/
Brought my 2002 to life

• Big_Bang

Posted December 24, 2001 - 10:37 PM

Stock is still the best power to noise ratio and up until Doug Dubach started making pipes he thought stock was best too. I have tried FMF White Brothers and DSP and now setled on DR.D not so much for performance but for the USFA spark arrester. If you have no need for a spark arrester stick with stock you won't start your pants on fire as much. Of all the pipes I've tried the DR.D improved throttle response the most while adding a bit more surge off the bottom. You have to justify if four hundred and some clams is worth it for a bit of performance. Personally I would buy a 30 gallon drum of VP MR-2 and rejet accordingly. There is more to be gained here then with any pipe.

• Amador

Posted December 24, 2001 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, buy the DR.D. unless of course you want to keep up with the guy that has the Thunder Alley :) !

• mxracer553

Posted December 25, 2001 - 02:53 PM

I love my big gun system. Lots of bottom end. The Dr D is a good system and so is the R4 white brothers

• h_bomb

Posted December 25, 2001 - 04:00 PM

It all depends are you going for looks or performance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dezracer

Posted December 25, 2001 - 06:46 PM

Pro-Circuit T-4 rocks. Sounds impressive and performs great!

• Miller35

Posted December 26, 2001 - 09:01 AM

hey i found a company out of texas called D&D exhaust these things work great soon as i find the book i ordered it out of i will post a url

• Shawn_Mc

Posted December 26, 2001 - 09:51 AM

Ive got a thunder alley pipe. Sold my Pro Circuit T4 for it. Rode both pipes back to back. Doug Dubach actually spent time checking my pipe out at Saddleback on 12-9. My advice, go thunder alley. Makes more power and is more rideable than a larger diameter straight pipe. Also fits like a glove. Contact Bob Murray @ 559-584-8109. He'll send you a pipe via ups with the bill inside.

• brain

Posted December 26, 2001 - 12:46 PM

HAY YOU GUYS I HAD A TALK WITH BOB AT THUNDER ALLEY HE WILL BE AT LAKE ELSINORE FOR TESTING AND TO DO DEMO JANUARY 5 & 6 THEY WILL ALLSO BE GOING TO THE SUPERCROSS SATURDAY NIGHT HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE MY YZ426.

• Taraker

Posted December 27, 2001 - 10:05 PM

Waiting on my new Thunder Alley pipe now. Going solely on you guys recommendation! :)

Can't wait to bolt this baby on, if it is half as good as ya'll claim I am going to be impressed.

Have digital camera so I will take allot of pics are post at my web-site (see signature)

• Shawn_Mc

Posted December 27, 2001 - 10:19 PM

TARAKER raise the needle a position and go with the larger main that will come with the pipe. You will be quite happy :)

• Taraker

Posted December 27, 2001 - 10:52 PM

I am in Dallas Texas, sea level (okay, maybe 600ft) , you think I need to change the jetting?

• Mxer303

Posted December 27, 2001 - 01:00 PM

Taraker- I am thinking of getting one of the pipes also, how long did he say it would take to get yours? I would also just be going by the recommendations on this board, hope what is said about the performance is true.

• Taraker

Posted December 27, 2001 - 02:38 PM

I ordered the pipe a two weeks or so before Christmas & he turned in a couple of days, shipped on the 21st but it's still stuck on a UPS truck somewhere, shipping from California to Texas during the Christmas season can be pretty lengthy I guess. Hey, if it takes 3 weeks for a customer pipe &%$#@!, it's worth the wait from what I've heard.

• sirhk

Posted December 27, 2001 - 03:29 PM

I demoed one of those Thunder Alley pipes over the summer and don't worry Taraker, you won't be disappointed!!! I don't have one cause I'm still finding other stuff for the money to go to but eventually I'll have one also!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.