98 wr400 loud top end

2 replies to this topic
  • fitzpcj01

Posted November 09, 2013 - 05:35 PM

I just picked up this 98 for a great price. I have a 02 yz426 and that engine is loud this wr just seems to be running extra loud is there any suggestions to what might be the issue before I tear into it just changed the oil its good mabey just needs a good top end maintenance ect.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • exracer2

Posted November 10, 2013 - 09:50 AM

Check the cam chain or just change it. I bought an 01 wr and it was loud. Cam chain was stretched so bad that when I backed off the tensioner ,I could remove the chain without removing the cams. Also if you have a skid plate , some times they make the engines sound loud from vibration.

• fitzpcj01

Posted November 11, 2013 - 09:35 PM

Thnx that is what I thought I'll just do the full maintenance

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.