Upgrading the plastics on my 99 WR...

1 reply to this topic
  • TurboDon

Posted November 08, 2013 - 04:25 PM

My bike has suffered from sitting outside in the sun.

Most of the plastics are in pretty bad shape so I was planning on replacing them before a big ride that is coming up. (30th anniversary LA-Bastow-Vegas)

I was wondering if anyone has put newer style plastics on these old bikes.

Dont want to do a ton of mods to make it work but if they just bolt on It'd look pretty slick.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cadesdad

Posted November 08, 2013 - 11:12 PM

Check this tread out.     

http://www.thumperta...astics on 426

I imagine that it would work with a 03-06 wr seat and tank also.  I know it works using yz seat and tank because the first members bike I saw this mod on was a 00 WR 400.  There is lots of info on this thread and a lot more using the search feature. 

If I remember right, the WR was easier to convert because of the steel subframe and you could weld new mounts on it instead of buying a yz subframe.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.