Setting fork height in triple tree

3 replies to this topic
  • Thumpologist

Posted December 23, 2001 - 03:34 PM

I'm putting the forks back in the tripe tree. The manual refers to zero height at the top of the triple tree. Does that mean you should take a straight edge and lay it over the hole and just bring the fork up till it is flush with the straight edge? The picture in the manual shows it sticking up higher than flush but calls for zero clearance. I am confused, please help!

• F-Pilot

Posted December 23, 2001 - 04:03 PM

Zero is the top of the tube with the edge of the cap showing above the clamp.
I prefer to run mine with 5mm of the tube above the clamp. Makes it turn better.

[ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: F-Pilot ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzernie

Posted December 23, 2001 - 04:08 PM

Measuring from the bottom of the cap, I like to run mine at 10mm. Like F-Pilot said it makes it turn better. For faster tracks, I'll run either 5mm or 0mm for more stability.

Ernie

• dan_Rekito

Posted December 24, 2001 - 10:50 PM

There is a scribe line at the fork tube You shouldnt go below Its almost a 1/4 inch. Because Im 5'8" I like mine close to that line. If I was 6' I might like it higher. With the fork above the clamp line the wheel base is shorter which alows for tighter turning. This would be good for anyone who does alot of woods riding or enduro /tight turn track layout. Set the rear race sag by the manual too!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.