Spark plug threads

Electrical Spark Plugs

3 replies to this topic
  • rhinoracin

Posted November 06, 2013 - 06:21 PM

Got a new spark plug for my yz450 today and it came with this little peice threaded on the top. I've never seen this on dirt bike plugs, so why did it come on this one?

• Braedenkgs

Posted November 06, 2013 - 06:31 PM

Most plugs have that piece threaded onto them, it's just usually tight so you don't realize it's a thread on bit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1987CR250R

Posted November 06, 2013 - 07:54 PM

Most bikes require the screw on tip.  The old Yamaha's did not.  If it has a hole on the end it will fit both types of boots.  Just grab a pair of pliers and unscrew it.

• rhinoracin

Posted November 06, 2013 - 11:29 PM

I've never had a bike that used that peice on the plug. I didn't notice it on there at first, so I put the plug in and the boot didn't fit

Related Content

NO timing marks on Flywheel? HELP! by MountainManiac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF450R
  • Hot  37 replies

Brisk spark plugs? Your thoughts. by Voorhees187

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Engineering and Technology
  • Hot  48 replies

Crf 230f won't rev it just dies help! by spencehobby

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  55 replies

Boot is stuck on sparkplug! Now what? by motivater

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • Hot  36 replies

kx 125 won't start by fugishima

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   Kawasaki 2-Stroke
  • 14 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.