stripped bolt help

12 replies to this topic
  • tantheman

Posted November 05, 2013 - 06:52 PM

I need help getting a stripped bolt off of my 01 yz 426f. it is on the upper engine mount and is stripped bad. what do you guys recommend to get that bolt off the best? thanks.

• Slow and Jerky

Posted November 06, 2013 - 04:32 AM

If you can get to both ends you may want to try driving it out with a drift punch while someone else attempts back the bolt out .

• grayracer513

Posted November 06, 2013 - 07:12 AM

You mean that the threads are stripped and the bolt just turns, or that the head of the bolt is rounded off?

• tantheman

Posted November 06, 2013 - 08:00 AM

The head of the bolt is rounded.

• Freestyle-MX-Racer

Posted November 06, 2013 - 08:43 AM

The head of the bolt is rounded.

take a dremel and cut a flat slit on the top and use a flats head screw driver to get it off.

• YzFoFiddy

Posted November 06, 2013 - 08:43 AM

Maybe try to hold it with a pair of vice grips and spin the nut off, easy out kit, or maybe these guys ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1383756199.819116.jpg a few companies make them I haven't tried them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 06, 2013 - 09:23 AM

In the case of the 426 engine upper mount, you should be able to drill the head of the bolt off and pull the plate off of the opposite side.  To do this, center punch the head of the bolt as near the exact center as possible, then drill a 1/8" or so hole a bit deeper than the head of the bolt.  Then come back with an 11/32" drill and run it in until the bolt head spins loose on the bit.

• tantheman

Posted November 06, 2013 - 05:13 PM

i need new bolts for my Yamaha. what is a good website to order from? i was going to order from powersportmarine.com but there trying to charge me 11 dollars for shipping on three bolts! so im asking if there is a website that sells bolts at a good price and isnt trying to charge me a lot for shipping. thank you.

• baisleyde

Posted November 06, 2013 - 05:19 PM

get this bolt kit here

http://www.rockymoun...t?term=bolt kit

covers all most every bolt on your bike

great deal

• k.g

Posted November 06, 2013 - 05:24 PM

The BOLT yzf kit is exceptional. I recommend it.

• tantheman

Posted November 06, 2013 - 05:51 PM

Does it have a oil filter cover bolt and a upper engine bolt? That's really all I need.

• grayracer513

Posted November 07, 2013 - 07:18 AM

Does it have a oil filter cover bolt and a upper engine bolt? That's really all I need.

Nope

• tantheman

Posted November 07, 2013 - 07:31 AM

That's all I need:/ so that wouldn't really help me. Lol.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.