Oil Screen Wrench

7 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 28, 2001 - 01:59 PM

Does anyone know if someone makes a line wrench to fit the Oil Screen on our WR426's? I started to use a regular wrench and it started to round off the nut. Maybe Snap-on or Craftsman? Also, what exact size is this fitting? With the paint and it being rounded a little it's going to be hard to tell.
Thanx, :)

• YZ400Court

Posted April 28, 2001 - 05:10 PM

Sears.com, search for "flare nut wrench metric".

pretend it's flat and give it the gas.

[This message has been edited by YZ400Court (edited 04-28-2001).]

• sclaus

Posted April 28, 2001 - 07:58 PM

I checked-out the "flare nut wrench metric" out on sears.com, and it looks like it only goes up to 21mm. Isn't the screen nut 24mm?

I saw a post that said to get a 24mm deep socket and a breaker bar for the first removal. I need to do mine this weekend and need a solid-solution as well.

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 29, 2001 - 04:26 AM

I used a socket...it worked fine.

'99 WZ with all YZ mods, de-octopused, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean and Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 29, 2001 - 01:48 PM

I thought it was a 18mm. I hope so because thats the size I ordered from McMaster Carr.
Dennis :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 29, 2001 - 03:26 PM

Ya , I got my mic. on it and it is a 24mm. Oh crap!!!!! :)
Thanks for the help anyway!
Dennis P.S. Does anyone need a 18mm Flare nut wrench!!!!! :D

• Russ_P

Posted April 30, 2001 - 03:30 AM

I use a 15/16" deep 6pt socket. 24mm = .945" and a 15/16 = .9375. The 15/16 actually fits better and I found that my local auto stores had it readilly in stock, not so with the 24mm.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 30, 2001 - 01:01 PM

Thanks Russ, I found that out also!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.