Hot Starter cable routing.

4 replies to this topic
  • umpire3

Posted November 03, 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm trying to install a hot starter from level to carb.  My manual (hard copy) show the cable following the cutch cable mostly on the right side of the bike.  Somewhere after the radiator it turns and goes under the backbone to the carb (Pages 2-23 to 2-29).

However the downloaded version of the manual (Service manual 450 WRF®) show the hot start cable being routed on the left side (Pages 2-26).

Which is the correct routing?

• DrFeelGood

Posted November 11, 2013 - 12:35 PM

What year is the bike?

Mine is an 08 and runs down the left side under the tank and then under the alum frame to the carb.  It's a tight squeeze, but it fits.

Be sure you can turn your bars to both stops without pulling on the hotstart cable. (don't ask how I know)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • umpire3

Posted November 11, 2013 - 03:12 PM

What year is the bike?

My bike is a 2006.

• DrFeelGood

Posted November 11, 2013 - 05:19 PM

My bike is a 2006.

That's a steel frame then. Sorry, I'm of no help.

• still2smokin

Posted November 11, 2013 - 06:20 PM

Mine follows the clutch cable and splits off as seen below.

DSCN0707_zpsd271e885.jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.