This bike finished second on the Spanish MX1 Championship that year. The article is written by M.A.L and the Fotos are from Juan Sanz.
The article gave a lot of information about the engine, chassis and suspension of the bike.
I will list the mods of the bike since I think it can be very useful for users.
- High compression piston
- Special camshafts
- YRRD ignition mapping with two power settings
- Modified head
- Hinson clutch, modified by Ausio
- Akrapovic EVO exhaust
- Magura hidraulic clutch
- Twin Air air box
- Rental chain and sprockets
- Yamalube Oils
Chassis and suspension mods:
- Kayaba SSS fork modified by Race Tech Mediterranean, with aluminium pistons, GOLD valve type 1, 4,6 kg/mm springs and USF05 oil
- Kayaba Rear Shock, witch G3-LD valve, 5,6 kg/mm spring, rebound separator valve, US1 oil and nitrogen expansion chamber.
- Goldfren oversize kit front, and in the rear the Golfren brake caliper.
- XTrig Triple Clamp
- Rental Twinwall 997
- Zeta Racing front disc carbon fibre protector and chain guide
- Michelin Tyres with bib mousse.
- UFO plastics
- Uniracing stickers
Top power of 58,3 HP @ 9380 rpm
The article mentions how well the suspensions work specially in the fist part of the travel, the more aggressive the bike is ridden the better it works. It soaks everything on its way and has also good bottoming performance. They have work a lot with Race tech in order to get the performance they wanted. In terms of engine a very powerful engine with power delivery on almost the whole range of power. The hidraulic Magura clutch lever offers a stable performance of the clutch during the whole motos.
Edited by joaquin1296, November 03, 2013 - 04:49 AM.