Bent Front Break Rotor

11 replies to this topic
  • Menzies450

Posted November 02, 2013 - 04:37 PM

hi guys I Bent my front rotor on my 2012 WR450 to the point it sticks bad on every half rotation.  just wondering whats the best way to approach this problem bend it back or just buy a new one.

if i do buy anew one what brand or just OEM ?

thanks

• Zimman

Posted November 02, 2013 - 04:49 PM

just get a new one  

trying to get that perfect again isn't practical

OEM even used is fine IMHO or  aftermarket isn't notorious  for bad rotors  so I would try that if I found a deal or a cool design

Edited by Zimman, November 02, 2013 - 04:51 PM.

• LiamRM212

Posted November 02, 2013 - 05:11 PM

EBC. Travis pastrana uses it.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 02, 2013 - 05:21 PM

The Tusk Oversized Floating Typhoon Brake Rotor Kit for $ 119.00 is a great bargain.

........Oversize front disc for less than the price of a new one.

I put it on my '08 and it is a noticeable improvement.

• Menzies450

Posted November 02, 2013 - 05:40 PM

Thanks kran I will look into that tusk one

• JDLowrance

Posted November 02, 2013 - 10:07 PM

I went oversized using 270mm Braking rotor and pads...$229 from Motorcycle Supersotre. Bought it for my 09 WR and transfered it over to the 12. Huge improvement in braking power and feel.

Highly recommend this upgrade.

http://www.motorcycl...front-rotor-kit

Edited by JDLowrance, November 02, 2013 - 10:08 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motomike1

Posted November 03, 2013 - 05:16 AM

i have the supermoto rotor on my wr even when being used in the dirt.  it gives you a better feel for the front end, especially useful if you're running in the higher gears...

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 03, 2013 - 06:31 AM

I went oversized using 270mm Braking rotor and pads...$229 from Motorcycle Supersotre. Bought it for my 09 WR and transfered it over to the 12. Huge improvement in braking power and feel.

Highly recommend this upgrade.

http://www.motorcycl...front-rotor-kit

Yes, and this is a big step up in brake power, even over the Tusk set up...you get what you pay for.

• RMK800

Posted November 03, 2013 - 10:10 AM

This brings up a question. I went with a sintered brake pad on my 07 WR 450. I noticed lots better stopping power then the stock pad. Does the tusk combo provide that much more then a sintered pad?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 03, 2013 - 10:27 AM

This brings up a question. I went with a sintered brake pad on my 07 WR 450. I noticed lots better stopping power then the stock pad. Does the tusk combo provide that much more then a sintered pad?

A sintered pad is better for braking power, but worse for modulation and heat. 

So, you might experience better stopping in short bursts, but on a long down hill, an OS disc is a much better option.

• vlxjim

Posted November 03, 2013 - 10:34 AM

EBC. Travis pastrana uses it.

I was thinking of using the EBC. Hows does it compare to the others?

• LiamRM212

Posted November 03, 2013 - 04:00 PM

I think there awesome. Look sick and add crazy stopping power.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.