Peace out!

Attached Thumbnails

• wr step up.jpg

• Bandit9

Posted November 04, 2013 - 09:11 AM

A picture said a thousand words. 2012 WR450
Peace out!

Word! Nice air!

Edited by Bandit9, November 04, 2013 - 09:12 AM.

• JDLowrance

Posted November 04, 2013 - 11:49 AM

A picture said a thousand words. 2012 WR450

Peace out!

Looks like Milestone. Haven't been there in 3 years. Track looks better...from what I can see.

• Baja trail Rider

Posted November 04, 2013 - 05:50 PM

So you sort of appolgize JD DIP SHIT OF THE YEAR.since you live in CA would you like to meet in Jawbone canyon.How about a test on some of the hill climbs,Your FI,our Slow Carb WRs.Im very sorry to call you Dip shit of the year.Im sure you can take it.Want to come to Jawbone,To show the power of you FI bike?

• JDLowrance

Posted November 04, 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm in Aus at the moment and then the UK for a few weeks...when I return we'll definitely have to go for a ride so you can show me how much money I had to spend to make my bike go fast compared to your carbed bike.

dipshit of the year? come on dude, you can do better than that....

• stevethe

Posted November 04, 2013 - 07:22 PM

I think I have a magical place to show the awe of a fool injected bike. Who's got one.

• JDLowrance

Posted November 04, 2013 - 11:10 PM

This is getting a bit rediculous...I came off an 09 and liked the bike. I bought a 12, de-restricted it, put a pipe and comp ECU on it and removed the throttle stop screw, that's it and it's substantally faster and snappier than my well jetted, piped and similarly de-restricted 09. To top it off the suspension is light years better.

Don't believe me? Don't care. Get one for yourself and try it.

End of story.

Where was that hill climb filmed? Looks like a great riding area...reminds me of Bean Canyon which sadly you can no longer ride at...legally.

Posted November 05, 2013 - 05:50 AM

This is getting a bit rediculous...I came off an 09 and liked the bike. I bought a 12, de-restricted it, put a pipe and comp ECU on it and removed the throttle stop screw, that's it and it's substantally faster and snappier than my well jetted, piped and similarly de-restricted 09. To top it off the suspension is light years better.

Agreed. Both bikes can be ridden in stock trim, both bikes can become fire breathers with a little $$. Suspension is really what sets the 2 apart or there wouldn't be guys putting YZ suspenders on the older models. Then there is the added bonus of being able to fine tune the power output of the bike in less than 60 seconds.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 05, 2013 - 06:26 AM

Mine's the fastest one here, because I wanted it much faster and torquer than stock, but with the older, larger ergos. The new bikes are too small for me.

Carb

YZ cams

Stage 3 port and polish

YZ SSS suspension.

CA plate

All it took was about $7300 all in....and about 6 months of mind-numbing, hair-pulling problem solving and design changes.....

The new FI motors are better motors, regardless of the FI. 

Smoother, quieter, more reliable, and better built.

The FI has been proven to be very reliable.

But like ANY dirtbike sold as green sticker, it needs time and money to dial it in correctly.

Since FI is still very new, the tricks and shortcuts to proper tuning are still black magic...unlike carbs.

• stevethe

Posted November 05, 2013 - 08:42 AM

Well no hater here. I was considering buying a new one but opted for a highly modified earlier model.

I think there is the good the bad and the ugly. First one should say do you really think Yamaha the Co. would go backwards. Aren't they the ones that started the four stroke revolution. Everyone was screaming gee I wonder what a quarter of a double over head cam streetbike motor would do in a dirtbike. Well we found out with the YZ400 !  Legendary. So now if you asked the right party what would you do to improve the latest model carbed version. One might say gee how about YZ suspension in a 250 frame. Good idea, amazing they did it !

That said I wonder about the extra weight, higher larger after market fuel tank (than the old one) and more difficult foul injection (in a highly modified one the jury is still out).  We also don't know about top end hp on a simi modified new version.  We know a YZ'd carb version produces 50 ponies.

I think if your not looking for a five valve horsepower monster and keep your bikes near stock the new fueler is a very nice bike. I have never ridden a later model version of a bike and not thought it didn't handle better. I have not ridden the new one yet, but would like to. Like the YZ suspenders and the 250 frame concept. Oh and it's blue !

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted November 05, 2013 - 09:00 AM

Speaking of legendary check this guy out.    http://portland.crai...4138240383.html

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted November 05, 2013 - 12:07 PM

Speaking of legendary check this guy out.    http://portland.crai...4138240383.html

Best motorcycle ad ever.

• Baja trail Rider

Posted November 05, 2013 - 12:40 PM

JD you stared this by calling me dip shit.That shows all that your a 5 year old name calling.Your sort of Im sorry dont get it.Since I was answering this post from what I see(Riding for a living,and play riding every week) with more offroad. riding in a week then you do in 6 months)I report what I see,just the facts.I have two rider from Baja,3 from CA all 12-13.Yes they have done all the mods,Still not right for the type riding we do.Yes gone back to dealer to re-tune.Pain in the ass back to dealer,Then truck bike out to test ride,still not right.150 miles to dealer.Then back again that is a problem.You could re tune your words,then become Friends.So then when you show up in Jawbone,you will see,how much better the carb bikes are in a nice way.If I ride a 12-13 that is good I may buy one.For now If any have a super low use 07-11 let me know.Waiting for you JD to go to Jawbone or other great place we have to test FI V carb

• Baja trail Rider

Posted November 05, 2013 - 12:45 PM

Another thing to Add yes JD you had a 09-tuned your 12 tuned ok your 12 more power faster.You sir did not know how to tune the 09.Thats what I want to show you in Jawbone. Ok I will try to let it rest be good

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 05, 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yeah, JD. Yeah. 

Daaaang Jawbone, yeah.

I'll 'race' you on my Carb'd bike too, man.

But not Jawbone; let's do Cal City to Freemont peak. Lots of high speed whoops, ending in single track.

Another thing to Add yes JD you had a 09-tuned your 12 tuned ok your 12 more power faster.You sir did not know how to tune the 09.Thats what I want to show you in Jawbone. Ok I will try to let it rest be good

I don't think you have any idea how good a rider JD actually is......

He will walk all over you....

• mch

Posted November 05, 2013 - 01:05 PM

JD you stared this by calling me dip shit.That shows all that your a 5 year old name calling.Your sort of Im sorry dont get it.Since I was answering this post from what I see(Riding for a living,and play riding every week) with more offroad. riding in a week then you do in 6 months)I report what I see,just the facts.I have two rider from Baja,3 from CA all 12-13.Yes they have done all the mods,Still not right for the type riding we do.Yes gone back to dealer to re-tune.Pain in the ass back to dealer,Then truck bike out to test ride,still not right.150 miles to dealer.Then back again that is a problem.You could re tune your words,then become Friends.So then when you show up in Jawbone,you will see,how much better the carb bikes are in a nice way.If I ride a 12-13 that is good I may buy one.For now If any have a super low use 07-11 let me know.Waiting for you JD to go to Jawbone or other great place we have to test FI V carb

What exactly is the shop doing to "re-tune" the WR?  Being that about the only tuneable feature that the older models don't have is the FI.  If these guys were that picky and spent money on a new bike, they can buy the GYTR programmer and try different maps on their own.  How many people with Carb'd bikes take their motorcycles to the shop after every try when trying to properly jet their bikes? 

In addition, what difference is a race going to make?  Both an 11 and a 12 are very capable machines and the outcome of a race or hillclimb would be more dependent on the rider than the machine.

Edited by mch, November 05, 2013 - 01:08 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 05, 2013 - 01:18 PM

What exactly is the shop doing to "re-tune" the WR?  Being that about the only tuneable feature that the older models don't have is the FI.  If these guys were that picky and spent money on a new bike, they can buy the GYTR programmer and try different maps on their own.  How many people with Carb'd bikes take their motorcycles to the shop after every try when trying to properly jet their bikes? 

In addition, what difference is a race going to make?  Both an 11 and a 12 are very capable machines and the outcome of a race or hillclimb would be more dependent on the rider than the machine.

Everyone knows it's 10% rider, 90% machine.....

• JDLowrance

Posted November 05, 2013 - 01:22 PM

Wow....this thread....

Mr. Baja Pro....As Krannie pointed out you do not know me or what I know about tuning carbed bikes but I will summarize, I've been at it for 30 years. This is my first injected off-road bike (several road/track bikes) and as someone mentioned we are learning as we go. So far, mod for mod the injected bike is substantially faster and as Krannine also pointed out a little smaller in the ergo department.

Now....I take back my apology as you are obviously not worth the effort or time. I think you ARE a dipshit and the more you post the more others realize it as well.

Let me give you a little advice - Better to be silent and appear stupid than to open your mouth (or in this case, type on keyboard) and remove all doubt.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 05, 2013 - 01:28 PM

Aaaaaaaw, SNAP!

• Bandit9

Posted November 05, 2013 - 01:47 PM

Will Olivia Newton John be standing at the start in skin tight pants?

Please please please one of you So Cal boys make sure and video this.

Also, what will it mean if some slappy on a clapped out 10 year old 125 2 stroke beats both the Carbed Mexican Super WR and the JD 12 FI WR up this Jawbone hill??????

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2012 wr450 plastics by Fvmcboy99

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

2012 WR450 Starting woes by W85W58

• Hot  500 replies
Reviews

Yamaha WR450F 2011 by ThumperTalk

Yamaha WR450F 2011
  • * * * * -
  • 11 reviews
  • Last review by jtklein
  • On November 07, 2016
Forums
Photo

2012 wr450 exhaust? What fits by Fvmcboy99

• 20 replies
Forums
Photo

2012 wr450 headlight by donkeyballz

• Hot  27 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.