06-09 YZ450F exhaust swap?

5 replies to this topic
  • Howat

Posted October 30, 2013 - 09:10 AM

So, smashed my header on the 09yz450f during a local hare scramble. Found a kid with a 06 header, called shop, part numbers differ. Don't want to fork out the cash for new exhaust just yet. Will the OEM 06 fit the 09?

• grayracer513

Posted October 30, 2013 - 09:19 AM

Moved to the correct forum.

No, the '06 header is smaller in diameter at the mid pipe joint.  The complete exhaust fits, but not the header alone.  The '07 header may be larger as I recall, but only at the end.  The smaller diameter steps farther forward will keep it from working very well with an '09 muffler.  The '08 and '09 are the same.

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted November 04, 2013 - 04:59 PM

I dont know how this pm stuff works but I have a stock exhaust off my 2009 yz450f on my shelf.. pm me .?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Howat

Posted November 07, 2013 - 11:18 AM

I dont know how this pm stuff works but I have a stock exhaust off my 2009 yz450f on my shelf.. pm me .?

Just bought the Jardine RT99 full exhaust. Found a good deal on amazon, thank you though. Let you guys know how this new system pans out.

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted November 07, 2013 - 11:26 AM

Congrats on the new system!

• Howat

Posted August 22, 2014 - 06:42 PM

Sorry a little late on the response, but the exhaust system is great. Has a some what tractor tone down low bogging but wakes up with a nice one off tone that stands out on the track. Big, low and mid gains but the bike signs off a little to early on top for me, have to short shift. The only issue I had with this exhaust is that the spark arrester blew out after the 3rd ride.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.