North Texans and Southern Oklahomans listen up!

No replies to this topic
  • 426_Pilot

Posted December 22, 2001 - 06:10 AM

If you haven't heard of or been to the Nocona Motocross track, you need to get there soon; it's a real treat. They guy who runs it is only charging 5 bucks a bike until Jan 1 and then it will be 10. Anyway, the track is on a flat piece of property, but don't let that steer you away. It is very well done and very well maintained by a little old retired guy who is just having fun with it.

He also has a separate track for the kids, so if you are a father/son or (father/daughter)tandem like I am (my 5 year old has a JR 50) it is a great outing for the day. To my knowledge, he is only open on Sat and Sun but I think he is open all day long. We rode there on Dec 8th or 9th (whatever day Sat was) and had a tough time leaving after about 7 hours.

Unfortunately, I'm not making this post from home so I can't list the phone number here; but I do have it. I don't think you can find the information on any web site either. What I can tell you is that the track is located about 4 miles west of Nocona. Take Clay St. north from the middle of town to Pine St. (I think) then left on Pine. Go @ 4 miles and you'll see the track on the right side of the road. If these street names aren't right I apologize, but I'm sure that someone in the little town will know how to direct you there.

I'll be home on the 27th and will be able to post the phone number at that time. I'm planning on going riding there on Dec 30th weather permitting.

Hope to see some of you there!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.