mrs raptor clutch

2 replies to this topic
  • mat

Posted December 22, 2001 - 05:15 AM

i was wondering what your opinions were on this, does it make a signifigant difference in clutch pull ease, and is it hard to setuo the right amount of play, can it be adjusted on the trail, i would like a hebo hydralic but dont have the money right now, thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rusty

Posted December 22, 2001 - 05:52 PM

I thought sure you'd get a response by now. You could do a search on this board for "Raptor" and find some good info. Here's my experience. I'm using a Fly Racing lever. It's so similar to the Raptor that they're in litigation with MSR due to it being almost an exact copy. I really like mine. It's supposed to reduce pull effort by some 30%. I don't know if that's true but, it's significantly better than the stock lever. I use two fingers easily, in fact I cut off the ball end that way I can fully actuate it without pinching any fingers under the lever. Mine was $20.00 but I think the Raptor is more like $30.00. I'd say it's worth it. Clean and lube your cable while you got it apart, that helps a lot too.

[ December 22, 2001: Message edited by: Rusty ]

Posted December 23, 2001 - 04:16 AM

Got the MSR Raptor perch/lever last Friday, and rode yesterday with it up at Tower City.

I like it, it is easier to pull and you can adjust it on the trail. It doesn't need tools to adjust, and it seemed easy to get the right amount of play.

$33 from Rocky Mountain

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.