FORK RUBBER?

2 replies to this topic
  • DaleRidesAll

Posted October 28, 2013 - 03:08 AM

Hi guys i really need some help, it was time for a fork seal/bushing change and i took the forks apart and under the top fork cap there is a bit of rubber and on one fork it is broken in 3 pieces and i cant find them for a decent price they are $37 a piece from my local dealer and anywhere from 6-15 each online but with 40-70 postage and there is none on ebay and im wondering if there is any interchangeable parts that i can get oem part number is 5DH-23195-L0-00 and it is number 15,35 in the following diagram and if all end badly what is its role? and would it be okay without it?

Cheers:)

FRONT_FORK.png

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 31, 2013 - 05:55 PM

That's the bumper stop.  The older forks used those for bottoming control instead of the hydraulic braking in the newer ones.  If it's beat up, it's because you run up against them, so yes, you need one on both sides, lest you batter your internals to death as you ride along.

• DaleRidesAll

Posted October 31, 2013 - 06:47 PM

Just picked up some new ones about ten mins ago

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.