what are you doing after washing?

7 replies to this topic
  • zaxcar1

Posted October 27, 2013 - 04:35 PM

so i washed the bike today and was thinking, am i doing enouf? So i wanted to know what all you guys are doing after a wash.

• capt justin

Posted October 27, 2013 - 04:43 PM

wd 40 anything that might rust, start it up and dry it off.

• rangerclass7sx

Posted October 27, 2013 - 06:34 PM

wd40 everything thats metal, if i get baked mud on the header i will take wd40 and scothbrite to clean it, if the motor gets any mud or nastys that dont comeoff from the wash i will take wd40 with a brush to it... same for my hubs, dont forget to lube your chain after it will start rusting even if its gold, armor all my tires so they look black as can be, and some armor all to the plastics to buff them into a nice shine

Edited by rangerclass7sx, October 27, 2013 - 06:36 PM.

• zeuszuki

Posted October 27, 2013 - 10:10 PM

I wash the bodywork by hand, leave it to dry. Lube the chain straight away.
I have an Se now but when I had a blue model I would spray the bodywork with silicon spray to keep it looking like new . The rest is just basic maintenance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dadat40

Posted October 28, 2013 - 05:54 PM

Crack a beer!

• BBrown626

Posted October 28, 2013 - 06:21 PM

wax it :-)

• pomoco

Posted October 28, 2013 - 06:25 PM

I don't wait til I'm done washing! Ha
I don't recomend starting it up and riding right after a wash since the airfilter is likely wet. Lube it up. Dry it off. Clean a/filter. Then run it.

• torkd14

Posted October 28, 2013 - 06:36 PM

All I do after washing is let it sit for 10 minutes to dry a bit, then start it up to clear any water out of the exhaust. I have an FMF pipe plug which is the best to block off the pipe but often forget it... I've never ran into any problems been doing this since my first dirt bike and they all ran perfectly fine. Those guys taking wd40 to the bike have way to much time haha. But if you like them pristine that's what you have to do I guess.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.