Z-Start Autoclutch

3 replies to this topic
  • icerider

Posted December 31, 2003 - 06:33 AM

I have just installed my Z-Start and I like it alot :) I just wanted to know how long it takes to break in and if the temp will make it creep also?? It still creeps just a little and it has been cold here, just wanted to know how everybody else's breakin went??? Still keep on reaching for that clutch :D I almost got the decompressor once will have to break myself of this :D Other than that it feels very smooth and I think I will be much better in the woods :D

• Jim_bo

Posted December 31, 2003 - 07:44 AM

Did you put this on a WR450?? Have you considered a handlebar mounted rear brake?? Let's hear the details.

Jimbo

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • icerider

Posted January 01, 2004 - 09:45 AM

I put it on my 02 WR426, and no I didnt put a rear brake were the clutch lever was, I think I just need to get used to it first :) I have only rode it 2 times and I dont have any hills or trees to ride in until I go to the Black Hills this spring were I can give it a real workout :D

• renegade

Posted January 01, 2004 - 02:17 PM

Icerider, did you get the gen-2 or the gen-3 z-start? Gen two has [36] 5/16 diameter balls, gen-3 has [30] 3/8 diameter balls. I went from the gen-2 to the gen-3 and lost all my creep when I did. If you have a gen-3 and still have creep, you will need to adjust your stall speed a little. Another way to cheat the creep is to create a little bigger installed gap. I can help you more when you tell me which version you have.
Renny

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.