front tire rec. for 12' yz450f

6 replies to this topic
  • atrdrvr7

Posted October 27, 2013 - 05:51 AM

Getting ready for some new meat front and rear.  Planning on staying with the mx51 on the rear.  Can anyone recommend a front tire for intermediate terrain(Houston clay sand mix).  The front mx51 always feels likes its going to wash when I push it hard in corners.  I was thinking about trying the Maxxis maxcross mx IT.  Can't find any reviews on that tire from actual users.  Any recs would be appreciated.  I ride only MX tracks also.

• grayracer513

Posted October 27, 2013 - 07:55 AM

Try a Bridgestone 203. So far, it's been the best tire I've run in the mix of soils that make up the SoCal deserts. Not the best on true clay hard pack, but it handles everything else pretty well. I run the larger 90/100x21 size.

• stroker101

Posted October 28, 2013 - 03:51 AM

i run a Bridgestone 403 front. friday i mounted a 90/100-21 and rode the bike on saturday. i like the way the bike handles now with the larger front tire (intermediate/hard pack red dirt)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoxjeff

Posted October 28, 2013 - 06:06 AM

Try a Bridgestone 203. So far, it's been the best tire I've run in the mix of soils that make up the SoCal deserts. Not the best on true clay hard pack, but it handles everything else pretty well. I run the larger 90/100x21 size.

+1 on the bridgestone 203's.  I run them here in AZ, and they work in a multitude of dirt.  I also run the MX51's on the rear.

• grayracer513

Posted October 28, 2013 - 09:14 AM

I also run the MX51's on the rear.

Me too.  They perform very well, and I get excellent wear out of them.

• atrdrvr7

Posted October 28, 2013 - 04:20 PM

Ok.  Just ordered up the 203.  I will report back after I ride.  Thanks for the recs guys!

• YamaLink

Posted October 29, 2013 - 06:17 AM

I have more confidence in a pretty-worn out Bstone than a new most anything else. At least the last 4 years I have. Good stuff. Funny, you should read the little sticker on the Bstone. Tells rider to make sure edges are worn off before racing to get maximum performance. Local dealer had no clue about it when someone pointed it out.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.