YZ426 FWW

12 replies to this topic
  • lastsilverdollar

Posted October 23, 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'm trying to add a FWW to my 426, can anybody tell me which other years are compatible? Particularly the YZ450F 03-05? I cannot find them for the 426, but they seem to be plenty available for those years.

• grayracer513

Posted October 24, 2013 - 08:47 AM

'98-'02 only. 

• lastsilverdollar

Posted October 24, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Thank you, sir. It sure is difficult to source those; does anybody have any hook ups? eBay, Steathy, and Zip all no luck so far.

• lastsilverdollar

Posted October 25, 2013 - 04:58 PM

Does anyone have a fly wheel weight on their YZ426F?

• lastsilverdollar

Posted October 26, 2013 - 06:44 AM

I would love to hear somebody's before and after story. My biggest problem is stalling when going downhill on steep, rocky trails. I was just wondering if anybody had similar experiences with their beast that was fixed by adding the fww. And if so, please tell me somewhere to find one. I'm usually a pretty resourceful guy, but I'm at a loss

• lastsilverdollar

Posted October 28, 2013 - 09:26 AM

Bump. I'm seriously considering the KTM 300

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dfwhockey17

Posted October 28, 2013 - 06:18 PM

Bump. I'm seriously considering the KTM 300

I have a set of 3 flywheel weights for a yz426, brand new made by MSR....PM me if interested as I won't be using them now as I switched to a WR flywheel...

Edited by dfwhockey17, October 28, 2013 - 06:18 PM.

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted October 29, 2013 - 01:30 AM

I would love to hear somebody's before and after story. My biggest problem is stalling when going downhill on steep, rocky trails. I was just wondering if anybody had similar experiences with their beast that was fixed by adding the fww. And if so, please tell me somewhere to find one. I'm usually a pretty resourceful guy, but I'm at a loss

Put a gytr 9 oz. On my 09 yz450f and it was a big improvement on stalling and traction. Made it a much more woodsworthy bike, particularly hills and log crossings. I definitely think it is worth it. Install was easy too. Might try diffrrent sprockets too, bigger on the back or smaller in the front.

• lastsilverdollar

Posted October 29, 2013 - 08:47 AM

I have a set of 3 flywheel weights for a yz426, brand new made by MSR....PM me if interested as I won't be using them now as I switched to a WR flywheel...

I'm having a hard time PMing, could you try me please.

• lastsilverdollar

Posted October 29, 2013 - 09:08 AM

Just ordered some "super light" gears (13/52), we'll see how this beast likes em!

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted October 29, 2013 - 09:22 AM

Just ordered some "super light" gears (13/52), we'll see how this beast likes em!

Good move. You will like that alot better in the woods.

• dfwhockey17

Posted October 29, 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'm having a hard time PMing, could you try me please.

Sent....

• dfwhockey17

Posted November 25, 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hey lastsilverdollar, I still have this set of 3 fly wheel weights if you are interested. I know we spoke about them a while ago but I am getting ready to throw them up on ebay and wanted to give you a shot at them first. I am willing to make a better deal on them than we originally discussed as I would rather them go to another forum member....If you still have my cell number text me if interested, I will be posting these up in a week or so to give you time.

Cheers,

Trent

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.