WR450F Dual Sport or KTM 500 EXC? Which one should I get?

23 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 29, 2014 - 05:54 AM

I wish I could like them

The bizarre handling traits at really high speeds and steep downhills was a deal breaker for me

Posted April 29, 2014 - 08:03 AM

The 500 is a good bike, probably the better choice for dual sport with the 6th gear and aftermarket support. I rode my friends 13', felt very similar in size and ergo compared to my Wr. Only difference I noticed was in the suspension, I can ride more aggressive with the Wr, it just stays planted. The KTM felt fine up to a certain point then just seemed to get a little to busy the more I pushed it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted May 09, 2014 - 05:40 AM

Great choice. The new EXC are selling like hot cakes in my neck of the woods. I find them to be a great off-road bike and a decent pavement cruiser. Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of extended ds riding but the EXC and plated 450s make it more tolerable. The KTM has fantastic stock suspension and the motor hits like a MX bike with a slight change of gearing if that's what someone is after. I presume most are NOT but still want to feel like a Dungey/Roczen once off the pavement. Bonus is easy snow bike conversion, too.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 09, 2014 - 06:04 AM

Great choice. The new EXC are selling like hot cakes in my neck of the woods. I find them to be a great off-road bike and a decent pavement cruiser. Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of extended ds riding but the EXC and plated 450s make it more tolerable. The KTM has fantastic stock suspension and the motor hits like a MX bike with a slight change of gearing if that's what someone is after. I presume most are NOT but still want to feel like a Dungey/Roczen once off the pavement. Bonus is easy snow bike conversion, too.

What ???

Yeah maybe a 1975 MX bike.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.