FMF Megamax II

3 replies to this topic
  • mxcowboy

Posted December 21, 2001 - 09:50 AM

I was wondering if anybody has installed this and what they thought about it.
Did it install ok, no leaks?
How did it sound and did it give you more low end or top end?
I have a 2000 yz426......Thanks for the help

• thumpy

Posted December 21, 2001 - 10:21 PM

Where have you been??? Haven't you been reading all the commotion about the Thunder Alley pipe?? NONE of the Major brands come close to this pipe, NONE! If you really want to bolt on a pipe that'll bring your bike ALIVE try their pipe (Thunder Alley). If you're into mellow power (like it is stock) don't bother, but if you're looking to improve your machine and get arm yanking, berm blasting power check them out. It's your money, you've been warned!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted December 21, 2001 - 10:42 PM

I run the MMII, however, I rarely ride the track. I bought it because of its weight savings over stock (I have a WR) and its tuneability (discs). It sounds a lot better than stock uncorked and it moved my power curve down in the range. For woods riding, I love its increased torque. I'm still able to hit 95 mph (according to my Panoram)and the bike revs out well with 10 discs. I'm going to drop in the included "quiet core" for next weeks ride to see if I can live with any power losses. My bike is fairly quiet at idle, however, it still barks on top. I don't think the MMII was targeting the typical YZF rider like Thunderalley and DR.D. For whatever it is worth....

Bryan

• forstrokes

Posted December 21, 2001 - 11:58 AM

i recently put on the pc t4 complete with header ( header is tapered much like the thunder copy ) i've got the 2 in. endcap..bigger hole less resistance more top end..with the screen arrestor its no louder than stock..without wear ear plugs..its great on trails and moto payton and crew did there homework..like always you can pc for quality stuff..my 2cents..happy ridin holiday :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.