yz450f 07 Hard to start then when warm wont start. need help!

4 replies to this topic
  • That YZ450F Guy

Posted October 21, 2013 - 12:19 PM

I havent started my bike for six months. i drained the bowl when i put her away. I went to start her this am and I had to kick her 20 times just to start her up. then when it warmed up I put it in gear and she died. I could not get the bike to start after that, any thoughts? Thanks for reading!

• grayracer513

Posted October 21, 2013 - 01:34 PM

Varnish deposit in the pilot jet.  Clean it out.

http://www.thumperta...o/#entry6879695

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoAce51

Posted October 22, 2013 - 05:27 PM

Check the accelerator pump. My dad's 450 had a bad diaphragm inside that needed to be replaced. Once the new one was installed it started super easy and every time.

• NitrousR1

Posted October 28, 2013 - 08:04 AM

The accelerator pump is only used on a quick wick of throttle, so the accelerator pump isn't used for starting or idling. The only circuit used for starting and idling is the pilot jet circuit so start there. When u get it started operate the hot start and make sure it is working and releasing fully

• MotoAce51

Posted October 29, 2013 - 07:17 PM

I only mentioned the accelerator pump because that seemed to help my dads 04. It may have been unrelated but it seemed to help. The issue was that the diaphragm was deteriorating and all cracked/ flaking. The little pieces breaking off we're floating int he carb. I guess it could have been getting in the jets causing the issue. So when we replaced the diaphragm I had to clean the entire carb as well. So I guess I may have fixed one issue while actually trying to fix another. It's just something that found worked.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.