03-06 WR450 rear fender in white.

4 replies to this topic
  • Parx_400

Posted October 21, 2013 - 09:08 AM

Did Yamaha or any of the plastic company make a White WR450 rear fender for the 03-06 bike. I do not want a yz fender with a LED. I tried that and it flops around too much with a giant loop plus a dry bag plus tool bag on it. I completely destroyed a tusk tail light after my 500 mile trip. 

I think the answer is no but I had to ask. 

Thanks 

• redhurricane

Posted October 21, 2013 - 09:19 AM

As far as I am aware, UFO is the only manufacturer that makes a rear fender in white, and it is MX style, very soft. I have an LED brake light and plate mount, and it flexes enough to catch the tire occasionally. DMV is tired of seeing me for replacement plates. Not that you couldn't reinforce it with metal underneath, but kind of defeats the purpose.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Parx_400

Posted October 21, 2013 - 09:23 AM

As far as I am aware, UFO is the only manufacturer that makes a rear fender in white, and it is MX style, very soft. I have an LED brake light and plate mount, and it flexes enough to catch the tire occasionally. DMV is tired of seeing me for replacement plates. Not that you couldn't reinforce it with metal underneath, but kind of defeats the purpose.

Thats the one I have with a Tusk tail light. Its completely destroyed now. 

• redhurricane

Posted October 21, 2013 - 09:36 AM

I have decided that I don't need the plate mounted off the back anymore. losing that whole bracket. Most people here in CO just rivet the plate to the top of the fender. I rarely ride on the street anymore, almost all of what we do is offroad. I also got rid of the tool bag, carry everything in an ogio flight vest now. another option is the pro moto billet rack, would provide a lot more support for tools/packs.

• Krimble

Posted October 21, 2013 - 12:44 PM

I got this for mine. It was only 20$ more than just the rear, so I also bought a New Clark YZ tank and tada!

http://www.ebay.ca/i...&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

IMG_7743_zps8cf058aa.jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.