'14 450 bike level, oil at top of sight glass?

3 replies to this topic
  • freerida69a

Posted October 21, 2013 - 07:42 AM

So basically I have a 2014 yz450, it came stock with the oil behind the sight glass barely visible with the little side stand that goes into the rear axle on the rear brake side not sprocket side keeping the bike up. But shouldnt it be just like my ktm where I would have to make my bike level and have the oil at the top of the sight glass? I got too much oil in it it seems......

• grayracer513

Posted October 21, 2013 - 07:45 AM

What does the manual say?

The difference between the top of the glass and the bottom might be as much as 100cc, I would guess.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Itsbroken

Posted October 21, 2013 - 08:41 AM

With the bike level the oil will be just over the sight glass. There is a line on the case that shows when its low.  It takes 24 ounces with new filter when your changing the oil.  There is a bolt you can remove that will allow any excess oil to leak out.  Its all in the manual.

• zeuszuki

Posted October 21, 2013 - 09:34 AM

With the bike level the oil will be just over the sight glass. There is a line on the case that shows when its low.  It takes 24 ounces with new filter when your changing the oil.  There is a bolt you can remove that will allow any excess oil to leak out.  Its all in the manual.

As above.
When Bike was new and now several oil changes later - oil always just above sight glass.
I hope you are removing the screen on the left side and cleaning it as well?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.