13 replies to this topic
  • N_FELT

Posted December 20, 2001 - 05:38 PM

Does aqnyone know how you can get a yamaha card? And how much they cost? THANKS

• Paul_Thistle

Posted December 20, 2001 - 06:10 PM

Go to your local dealer and apply for the Yamaha card .If approved Yamaha (HRSI) will automaticly send you a card in about two weeks. It is good at any yamaha dealership. For parts acc., or bikes up to your credit limit.PT

• Sparky_So_Cal

Posted December 20, 2001 - 06:39 PM

Those thing are dangerous. My wife went down without telling me and signed her name on the dotted line and was approved on the spot. Her credit has some blemishes and she got 11K of credit. No way I could be mad at her though because me and my son both have 02's in our garage.

God Bless

• yamaha.dude

Posted December 21, 2001 - 12:41 AM

If it doesn't fit on your SantaCard, then get more credit...

Yamaha offered me $13K more than I wanted, and they had me thinking for a while about a jetski , sorry, personal Water craft... they had one that appealed to me for just about that amount... I was happy to get the bikes and bits... But is is nice and warm here at the moment, and a bit of water fun, err, I mean cross training, would be nice, esp. if it comes with a trailer, just "sign here sir, we'll look after the paperwork" hitch it up to the car and drive away...

Tempted, but happy with the bikes at the moment... Now, what will I get next xmas? :)

• yzernie

Posted December 21, 2001 - 06:41 AM

I had to cut mine up and throw it away. If I kept going the way I was, I would currently be living in a cardboard box (by myself) behind the grocery store!!!!

• tony_t.

Posted December 21, 2001 - 08:36 AM

No interest until March is great, if you can pay it off before then.

• Glen_T

Posted December 21, 2001 - 11:19 AM

I'm with Ernie. That plastic stuff is dangerous! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxracer553

Posted December 22, 2001 - 06:38 AM

The intrests will kill you pay that bitch off as soon as possible! :)

• joao_pedro

Posted December 22, 2001 - 07:47 AM

advising freely:
if you do want a credit card you must not in any case spent more than a limit pre-established according to your wages! remember that once out of control a credit card transforms rapidly in a dangerous weapon...particularly if women are allowed to use it!!!
see U !JP

600 XR
350 DR :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 22, 2001 - 08:15 AM

If you are lookin at getting it because you want a new ride , then I would suggest NOT to get it.
Plastic is very dangerous.!!
I would go down to my credit union take out a $8000 / 8% loan and pay it off in 4 yrs at 180-200 bucks a month instead of $50/mo FOREVER!!! :D :)
I think those things are around 14%-18% depending on credit history!

• Squidwerd_on_a_400f

Posted December 22, 2001 - 08:58 AM

Yamacard at least 18%-24% interest rate, looks good up front but carries very heavy long afterwards!!!!!!!! I agree w/ thumpin rock hucker.

Thumpin' in the city.
Look out scooters, here comes the thunder. :)

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted December 22, 2001 - 09:51 AM

Depending on your means there's a couple of ways to attack it. Rock Hucker has a real good suggestion. If you own a home take out a second or an equity line of credit, at least you can write off the interest. Obviously the best method is cash (or have someone buy it for you). Remember that all credit cards are interest free, if the balance is paid off monthly. I use a credit card that gives me frequent flyer miles. It's bottom line cost to me is $50 annually. My wife and I have flown to Belize for free. I took myself and a friend to Montreal first class a couple of months ago for free, well $50. I don't claim to have all the answers but you can use your money to your advantage. Overusing credit is a dangerous game that many people play. Remember that the bike you're jonesing for now wont be nearly as sweet to the eye in a couple of years. I recommend if your just starting out buy a used bike in good condition with a loan from your credit union for the shortest term you can manage.

• N_FELT

Posted December 22, 2001 - 10:59 PM

Thanks for the replies i think i will steer clear of the card. Thanks

• RichB

Posted December 22, 2001 - 01:44 PM

Anyone have the number to the Yamaha credit card folks?

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.