Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) check and adjust?

1 reply to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted April 28, 2001 - 09:42 PM

I am checking my TPS and can't get any reading w/ my ohm meter, absolutely nothing.

Am I missing something? The manual states if no reading...order a new one from your friendly, knowledgable and helpful Yamaha dealer.

I am placing the probes onto the terminals just like my OFFICIAL Yamaha manual states...
And nothing!

'99 WZ with all YZ mods, de-octopused, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean and Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • imported_Scott_H

Posted April 28, 2001 - 10:16 AM

Hi Kevin,

I was just checking mine last night. I meassured 4.9k ohms across the blue & black and 1.17 to 4.4k ohms across yellow & black while rotating the sensor via the throttle slide. I would suspect you have a broken lead or dorked potentiometer.

Good Luck,

[This message has been edited by scott h (edited 04-28-2001).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.