Ross Neely's 2013 WR450 Race Bike

9 replies to this topic
  • Bandit9

Posted October 13, 2013 - 07:06 PM

Thought this was interesting:

• Monk

Posted October 13, 2013 - 07:10 PM

It's really impressive because nothing has been really addressed. Lots of stock parts including the wheels, brakes, etc etc.

• Bandit9

Posted October 13, 2013 - 07:39 PM

The Head/Cams are GYTR. Expensive stuff right there.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted October 15, 2013 - 02:04 AM

Here is another image. His is the bike on the right.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy, October 15, 2013 - 02:05 AM.

• Navaho6

Posted October 17, 2013 - 11:21 AM

Bandit, I am waiting for you to build this bike so I can see if I want one.   Do you get "Dirt Bike" magazine.  Would like to read the article on Neely's bike when it comes out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bandit9

Posted October 17, 2013 - 11:37 AM

It's just a matter of time. I need to play with this GasGas 300 and give it due process.

No, I don't get either magazine any more. They seem to be full of shit.

• Navaho6

Posted October 17, 2013 - 06:11 PM

I will get to ride Brian's bike again soon but it is completely stock except for a Scotts damper.  He has done nothing to it, not even adjusting the sag.  Power in stock form feels like a 400.  Suspension, as soft as it is, is still remarkable compared to my '06 with Race Tech mods.  Bike is tall.  Needs a seat job.  Nothing money can't fix.  Looking at a $9k bike just to get it dialed in.  Another $1k to get it tricked out.........Used bike might be the way to go.

• DRZ04

Posted October 17, 2013 - 09:45 PM

Navaho there are used bikes out there. I just picked up a used 2013 WR450F for $8K out the door with less than 100 miles. It has the GTYR silencer & ECU, IMS tank, Cycra full wrap hand guards, Baja dual sport light kit. You are correct about the seat, I am waiting for mine to get back from SDG where they are cutting the foam to lower it 1" to 1.25".

• Bandit9

Posted October 18, 2013 - 05:34 AM

Pat I'm seeing brand new 2012's for less than $6k on Cycletrader.

• woods-rider

Posted October 18, 2013 - 12:21 PM

Pat I'm seeing brand new 2012's for less than $6k on Cycletrader.

I got mine a few months ago for $6k out the door. Only a fool would pay MSRP.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.