'94 XR600R Black plastic?

6 replies to this topic
  • 600ish

Posted December 29, 2003 - 08:19 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew of any companys' selling black fenders and/or side panels for the '94 XR600. I have found black fenders for the XR400, but I don't know how much of a difference there is between the two. Any help woul be greatly Appreciated.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted December 29, 2003 - 09:26 PM

The only common plastic between the two is the front fender and headlight. Actually both of these parts are different, but will fit.

Ryan

• atreiou

Posted January 14, 2004 - 06:40 AM

Acerbis do that you want side panels and front fender...
I don't know if they do also the rear fender, but you can buy the cemoto code 7001 rear fender that fit perfectly your 600 but have a cross design..(without light)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • michaeln

Posted January 14, 2004 - 11:05 AM

Acerbis do that you want side panels and front fender...
I don't know if they do also the rear fender, but you can buy the cemoto code 7001 rear fender that fit perfectly your 600 but have a cross design..(without light)

Acerbis no longer makes black side covers for the 600R. I painted the ones on my XR650L with black Krylon Fusion paint and they turned out pretty well. Maier Manufacturing makes lots of XR600R / XR650L parts in black, but for some reason the only XR600R side panels they sell (and they are available in black) are for the 85-87 model years.

I also got a black Clarke 4.0 tank, the bike looks pretty good, I think.

• atreiou

Posted January 15, 2004 - 04:45 AM

I know that also UFOPLAST (here in Italy) make the full range of plastic parts for XR 600R in white color, I don't know If also black is available

who know where can I buy online the krylon fusion color ? I need a seller that ship worldwide

• 600ish

Posted January 18, 2004 - 06:10 PM

Thanks Michaeln for the tip on the Krylon Fusion. I haven't been on this site in a week or so and as soon as I read your advice on the Krylon I removed the right side panel and Started with Goof-Off removing what I thought was one bad layer of blue paint over the white panel and it turned out to be, blue over black over blue over the original white plastic. I took several paper towels and set them on the side panel on my workbench and then saturated the paper towels with Goof-Off and let it sit for an hour and that worked like a paint stripper applied to metal in that it just bubbled up and lifted the first layer. I was thinking of just buying a new set of side panels, but hell I've got time and they are in excellent condition except for the bad chipped paint. I'm on the third coat now and then the hard part starts with getting the panels totally clean for paint. Thanks again. Has your paint held up O.K.?

• michaeln

Posted January 18, 2004 - 07:29 PM

Yes, the Fusion has held up OK but it's only been on there a couple weeks. Keep in mind you DO have to let it cure for about 5 days before it really hardens. It's pretty prone to chipping and scratching before then.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.