Magura radial brake

5 replies to this topic
  • vega_fe

Posted October 13, 2013 - 08:51 AM

What do you think is it fit my 2009 yamaha yz450f? Adevertiser used on 2005 yz450f.

• grayracer513

Posted October 13, 2013 - 09:21 AM

The attachment doesn't work, but if it fits an '05, it will need work to fit an '09, whether it's for the front or the rear (you didn't say).

The front takes a different caliper bracket than the pre-'08 models, and the rear of the '09 uses a 3mm larger rear axle.

• vega_fe

Posted October 14, 2013 - 06:10 AM

I Attached files again. Front supermoto Magura radial brake and I want to set up the rofk and.

Attached Thumbnails

• $T2eC16h,!zoE9s5ngyKQBSJ3nbFRI!~~60_58.JPG

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 14, 2013 - 06:38 AM

That setup comes with an alternate lower fork lug.  You will need a suspension shop to change that out for you.

• mikedabike

Posted October 14, 2013 - 07:09 PM

You should measure the mount to rotor distance.  There are differences in the width of the fork lugs.  Usually you can get away with using a couple washers as spacers to customize the fit.  The stock caliper is floating so it has enough movement to compensate.  The problem here is that you have a radial mount and I don't think there is any way to space it if needed.  The difference is slight and you could probably have a custom spacer made to align it properly then offset the wheel if needed to line it up.  That is all dependent if you can even mount the lug on the 09 lower.  Awesome brakes though if you can get it to work.

• grayracer513

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:37 AM

The wheel spacer face on the '05 and earlier lug is 1mm farther outboard of center than the '06 and later.  Not a huge problem.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.