Yet another electrical problem
2 replies to this topic
Posted October 12, 2013 - 10:04 AM
I had to replace the stator in my wr450 I am using the bike for dual sport and Supermoto. After replacing the stator with a 150watt I put in a old battery with a dead cell I think and took it for a ride. Every thing was going well but after an hour or do I noticed a terrible smell coming from the seat. And it started to get warm so I went back home. On my way home my headlight bulb went out both the high and a low. Am I over charging the battery from the stator or was it because I used a bad one. Or is over charging even my issue. The bike charges at 14.5 volts at the battery.