Yet another electrical problem

2 replies to this topic
  • nick1717

Posted October 12, 2013 - 10:04 AM

I had to replace the stator in my wr450 I am using the bike for dual sport and Supermoto. After replacing the stator with a 150watt I put in a old battery with a dead cell I think and took it for a ride. Every thing was going well but after an hour or do I noticed a terrible smell coming from the seat. And it started to get warm so I went back home. On my way home my headlight bulb went out both the high and a low. Am I over charging the battery from the stator or was it because I used a bad one. Or is over charging even my issue. The bike charges at 14.5 volts at the battery.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nick1717

Posted October 12, 2013 - 11:04 AM

The bike is a 04

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 12, 2013 - 03:30 PM

Get out your service manual and do the electrical tests provided that cover stator, rectifier, and battery.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.