5 replies to this topic

Posted October 11, 2013 - 02:09 AM

Hey guys i have a 2003 wr450 and my stock original fuel tank got little stress cracks in it and leaked.

However i brought another second hand 2003 tank and one ride later it has done the same thing.

So what i am asking is does anyone know where i can get a standard new replacement fuel tank.

I do not like the look of the safari tanks and want to keep that MX look not enduro look.

OR can anyone tell me if you can fit a newer tank to the 2003 model WR450?

So if anyone can tell me where to buy new fuel tanks for the 2003 model please.

• Bandit9

Posted October 11, 2013 - 02:47 AM

Ebay, Just Gas Tanks.com, clarke.

• aussieklx

Posted October 11, 2013 - 03:33 AM

O3 and 04 same tank, 05 went to new frame and yzf 8l tank

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamaha bandit

Posted October 11, 2013 - 04:05 AM

O3 and 04 same tank, 05 went to new frame and yzf 8l tank

03 to 06 are the same frame I have a 06 an bent the frame an just finished 5minutes ago putting everything onto A 04 frame they are identical

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 11, 2013 - 05:29 AM

'03-'06 share all plastics.

• aussieklx

Posted October 12, 2013 - 02:46 AM

.....Both electric-start WRs have had their seat heights lowered 10mm via a slimmer and shorter seat, fuel tank, and radiator shroud combination and shortened shock (by 3mm). The 450 lost an additional 10mm with a slight repositioning of the head tube on the frame, resulting in a 20mm reduction in seat height.....

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.