have never seen one on a bike but everyones website shows it - it
looks like the tail light is bigger and i like that for the ds kit
but i might have to go stock if i cant find one

if you have a used one you want to sell please email me at
jws.840@cox.net i am in orange county southern california

thank jeff :D

• BWB63

Posted December 29, 2003 - 06:20 PM

Do you want the baffles on that stock muffler bent down or removed? :)

• jws

Posted December 29, 2003 - 06:40 PM

i dont know if it matters i will be running the HRC tip its a little longer than the stock one :). you tell me - what do you think?

jeff

• CAM2R

Posted December 29, 2003 - 07:31 PM

Maybe you just need a heavier front fender to keep from looping it :D

My Baja Designs quick release dual sport kit came with the UFO rear fender. It is about as close to OEM as it needs to be. Seems a little bit thinner (lighter is faster) than the stock one. The light is just a bit different, but now I have the full tailight and low profile turn signals.

I'd bet that they might have one in stock, but they have been slammed getting kits out to all of us California dual sporters trying to beat the DMV deadline. When I ordered my kit they told me two weeks and it was on my doorstep in two weeks! :)

• jws

Posted December 29, 2003 - 07:53 PM

i work 10 min from baja designs talked to them twice today ufo fender is back ordered they did not know when the were geting them in :)

thanks jeff :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted December 30, 2003 - 07:42 PM

I have tried it both ways and I like it with the baffles bent down. Removed is awesome sound and with your stock tip would put you legal for sound leval.

• BWB63

Posted December 30, 2003 - 07:44 PM

Hey,
Is that your kid on the front of kid bike?
http://autos.groups..../group/KidBike/ :)

• jws

Posted December 30, 2003 - 07:53 PM

Hey,
Is that your kid on the front of kid bike?
http://autos.groups..../group/KidBike/ :)

yes thats my boy scott out at the lake elsinore track - i took that pic 2 weeks after his 4th birthday he has been riding a little over a year now and is all he talks about

jeff :D

• jws

Posted December 30, 2003 - 08:06 PM

I have tried it both ways and I like it with the baffles bent down. Removed is awesome sound and with your stock tip would put you legal for sound leval.

i would like to keep the sound down around 96 - 98 dbs for the dez - i put the baja designs quiet baffle in when i ride the MTB trails near the house LOL i want to be able to keep riding them so i try and be as stealth as i can and not tear up the trails :)

do you want the old one i cut in half to get the HRC tip out? kind of cool to see the inside and the difference of where the the stock tip and HRC tip sit

jeff :D

• BWB63

Posted December 30, 2003 - 08:27 PM

Pictures would be cool for the others to see that there are baffles in there. Bring it with you. It helps see what the exhaust has to go through to get out of the stock muffler. With that quit tip you could have it all with the baffles removed. HRC for the fast cut throte riding with the guy's. Stock tip for a little more low end and the quit tip for the stelth stuff. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.