Front end bind

2 replies to this topic
  • Jtt_R

Posted October 08, 2013 - 09:58 PM

This weekend I lost the front end while cornering and went down and now it feels like the front end doesn't turn as easy. Bars are slightly bent and will be replaced but I'm wondering if something else is tweaked and causing the front to feel stiff. Any help is appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 3d0

Posted October 10, 2013 - 01:24 AM

This weekend I lost the front end while cornering and went down and now it feels like the front end doesn't turn as easy. Bars are slightly bent and will be replaced but I'm wondering if something else is tweaked and causing the front to feel stiff. Any help is appreciated.

Check your steering bearings, also avoid over-tightening the ring nut.

• stroker101

Posted October 10, 2013 - 02:29 AM

it's possible that the forks are not aligned as they once were. if the bars were bent, then the forks could be slightly twisted in the fork clamps with that much of an impact. check the alignment on them

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.