01 YZ426F exhaust

13 replies to this topic
  • lastsilverdollar

Posted October 08, 2013 - 06:58 PM

I have an 01 YZ426F and about to purchase an FMF Q4 off a 2010 YZ450F. Does anyone know if I'll have any issues with compatibility?
This is my first post so please feel free to slam me for being stupid.

• Yammer-Hammer

Posted October 08, 2013 - 08:42 PM

Ughhh, i hope you know the 2010 exhaust is designed for the rearward slanted cylinder with the exhaust port on the back of the cylinder head, there is no way the '10 exhaust will bolt up to the 426

• lastsilverdollar

Posted October 08, 2013 - 08:44 PM

That about covers it thanks!

• lastsilverdollar

Posted October 08, 2013 - 08:59 PM

I don't know anything about newer bikes, but need to replace my exhaust. I can't figure out a good resource to figure out what pipes will fit my bike other than the make and year models covered in the Clymer for my bike. So I appreciate the input.

• Yammer-Hammer

Posted October 08, 2013 - 09:21 PM

I don't know anything about newer bikes, but need to replace my exhaust. I can't figure out a good resource to figure out what pipes will fit my bike other than the make and year models covered in the Clymer for my bike. So I appreciate the input.

Only exhaust for the 01-02 426 will fit those two years, (as far as i know)  And is something wrong with the stock pipe and header??

• lastsilverdollar

Posted October 09, 2013 - 04:35 AM

Yeah, the muffler itself is damaged from a boulder and makes the bike extremely loud. I was checking out eBay for one that already has a spark arrestor, but I guess I'll have to get really lucky.

• dougtpg

Posted October 09, 2013 - 04:44 AM

Rocky Mountain sells a powercore 4 for your bike, and a header to if you need one. Hope this helps!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lastsilverdollar

Posted October 09, 2013 - 05:25 AM

Thanks, Doug, I'll check it out- the problem is that I'm a cheapskate.

• Yammer-Hammer

Posted October 09, 2013 - 08:01 AM

Thanks, Doug, I'll check it out- the problem is that I'm a cheapskate.

You might have to rejet your bike after you install a new muffler, are you going to replace the header as well?

• lastsilverdollar

Posted October 09, 2013 - 09:33 AM

I wasn't planning on replacing the header. If I just replaced the muffler with another OEM, but added a spark arrestor, would that affect it enough that it would need to be rejetted?

• Yammer-Hammer

Posted October 09, 2013 - 06:02 PM

I wasn't planning on replacing the header. If I just replaced the muffler with another OEM, but added a spark arrestor, would that affect it enough that it would need to be rejetted?

As long as its a stock yz426f pipe it will not need to be rejeted, and no, adding a spark arrestor will not require a jetting change, i added one and didnt have to touch a thing.

• four-twenty-sixer

Posted October 09, 2013 - 06:03 PM

You can use the can from a 03-05 and it will bolt right on, I've got one from a 06 on mine but i had to make an adapter for the slip joint because the 06-09 pipe is bigger. You might have to go down a main jet size and turn your fuel screw in a little with the spark screen.

• essex426

Posted October 09, 2013 - 11:46 PM

I also use an early 450 fmf Q and header on my 02 426.

Had to enlarge the hole on the subframe to bolt it up though.

• lastsilverdollar

Posted October 10, 2013 - 08:12 AM

Thanks guys, Ebay is pretty limited so that helps a lot knowing there are a few other options out there.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.