YOSHIMURA RS-4 TITANIUM/CARBON

8 replies to this topic
  • chrismxer

Posted October 08, 2013 - 09:26 AM

I've used this exhaust for about 25 hours on my 12 YZ450f and I took it off to repack and found that the mid pipe (the loop section) is cracked along one of the welds! I've done no modifications to the engine except a map change (smooth GYTR map).

Anyone else had this issue with this pipe? It really frustrates me since this pipe has such little time and was $1100!

• UNRide

Posted October 09, 2013 - 11:04 AM

I've used this exhaust for about 25 hours on my 12 YZ450f and I took it off to repack and found that the mid pipe (the loop section) is cracked along one of the welds! I've done no modifications to the engine except a map change (smooth GYTR map).

Anyone else had this issue with this pipe? It really frustrates me since this pipe has such little time and was $1100!

You will most likely just have to get the crack welded. Same thing happened to my friends pro circuit pipe and they basically said you're SOL

• chrismxer

Posted October 10, 2013 - 03:53 PM

IMG_0542_zpsf702676a.jpg

• rickallen124

Posted October 10, 2013 - 08:47 PM

I would call Yoshimura and talk to customer service/tech. I've talked to them before when the mid pipe to muffler fitment became lose on my exhaust and they fixed it free of charge, I just had to pay shipping. Great customer service.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chrismxer

Posted October 12, 2013 - 10:42 AM

I would call Yoshimura and talk to customer service/tech. I've talked to them before when the mid pipe to muffler fitment became lose on my exhaust and they fixed it free of charge, I just had to pay shipping. Great customer service.

I did, and was basically told I am SOL. I can buy a new one or (if they could weld it) will have to pay $75.

I will go to FMF next time!

• chrismxer

Posted October 13, 2013 - 07:36 AM

You guy's think this is a manufacturing/design defect or wear and tear/something i did kind of crack?

• grayracer513

Posted October 13, 2013 - 08:02 AM

It's wear and tear, but Yoshimura pipes do tend to be a bit delicate.  Light weight materials and such.  If it were a little more robust and maybe fit and mounted better, that would have at least taken longer to happen.

• MxSkater86

Posted October 13, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Pay $30 to some local welder to throw a bead of weld on it for you. That stuff happens all the time to exhaust pipes. All these titanium pipes are very thing material.

• rickallen124

Posted October 15, 2013 - 04:51 PM

I did, and was basically told I am SOL. I can buy a new one or (if they could weld it) will have to pay $75.

I will go to FMF next time!

Did you talk to someone in tech support? They had me send a few photos and make some measurements and then they had me send it in to be repaired. 

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.