Clutches YZ426F

2 replies to this topic
  • radicalrobbie

Posted October 08, 2013 - 06:49 AM

Hey guys to this forum but have gotten some good ideas from your posts.  Im looking into changing my clutches on my 2002 yz426f and im thinking Hinson high performance clutch kit and billet pressure plate.  Any thoughts before i take that plunge in costs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 08, 2013 - 06:59 AM

Hinson makes an excellent product, and outside of the cost, there's nothing negative to say about any of it.  But the real area where they can improve things the best on a bang per buck basis is the clutch basket.  If your has a bunch of little dimples hammered into the thrust side of the basket fingers, a new Hinson basket will fix that cheaper than new and be more durable.

The Hinson pressure plate is more rigid than the OEM unit on that model, and usually helps the clutch release cleaner.  Not too expensive by comparison.  But the Yamaha clutch plates are hard to improve on, frankly, and I would use either those or the Hinsons, whichever cost less.

• radicalrobbie

Posted October 08, 2013 - 07:25 AM

I actually have a forged anodized billet clutch basket from wiseco new in the box i was going to install with the new clutch kit and pressue plate...

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.