450 shoot out

6 replies to this topic
  • rbernard35

Posted October 08, 2013 - 03:22 AM

Mxa has a video up of all 5, seems like they like it.... Loved the Ktm except the suspension

• ah665

Posted October 08, 2013 - 09:26 AM

I saw that. They don't rank them though. Is there an issue out yet with the Shootout in it yet?

• rbernard35

Posted October 08, 2013 - 09:46 AM

I saw that. They don't rank them though. Is there an issue out yet with the Shootout in it yet?

No ranking, but they give a pretty good job of the pros and cons of each bine

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ah665

Posted October 08, 2013 - 09:59 AM

Ya. It seems like there is a lot to be excited about for the Yam. I'm shocked that they didn't praise the motor more for it's hp. Seemed like they still really prefer the KX engine. But Kawi does have their engines dialed, these days. Either way, nice to see that they said the YZ isn't a love it or hate it bike anymore.

• Yamiryder

Posted October 09, 2013 - 07:26 AM

I saw i think in Dirt Rider where they said the 14 felt extremely similar to the 13 even with all the changes. They were kinda disappointed. But every other test i saw said they really liked it. 

• YoTRacer158

Posted October 09, 2013 - 03:42 PM

They brought the KTM out first and said it was the best 450...so I was under the assumption they went down the line 1st to 5th with the YZ in last. Hopefully when the magazine shootout comes out they'll explain it a little better.

• motoscotty

Posted October 09, 2013 - 09:09 PM

Of the 3 testers I know, 1- tied the suz and kaw and put the yam 2nd. The other 2 ranked Suz, Kaw, Yam Ktm and Honda.

None of them liked the Honda.

One of is buying a Yamaha after testing, all thought it has the most and most useable power and the most reliable hands down.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.