Yamaha yzf 450 2006 stator problem

5 replies to this topic
  • andreaso

Posted October 07, 2013 - 11:16 PM

I have a yzf 450 2006 that have no spark.
I have checked the coils on the stator and one of them is way out of tolerance.

I have ordered a stator from ebay.
And when i look at it dosent look the same. The plate where the coils are screwed on is smaller on my bike than the one i ordered.

Can i move the coils from the <-2006 plate and mount it on my ->2006 plate?

Edited by andreaso, October 07, 2013 - 11:22 PM.

• Geoffit

Posted October 08, 2013 - 05:19 AM

Considering that from 2006-2009 stators are the same something is not right there.

• andreaso

Posted October 08, 2013 - 05:53 AM

I think the one i have ordered is from 2003-2005.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 08, 2013 - 06:51 AM

The '06 stator is built on a mounting frame that looks more like a block than a plate, and is bolted to the outer cover by two or three screws.  The design of the mounting frame did change slightly between '06 and '09.  The '03-'05 stator was built on a round flanged plate that bolts to the crankcase.

And no, you may not remove the coils from one and use them on the other. 

• andreaso

Posted October 08, 2013 - 07:02 AM

The '06 stator is built on a mounting frame that looks more like a block than a plate, and is bolted to the outer cover by two or three screws. The design of the mounting frame did change slightly between '06 and '09. The '03-'05 stator was built on a round flanged plate that bolts to the crankcase.

And no, you may not remove the coils from one and use them on the other.

Sorry my english is not so good.
So i cant unscrew the whole package with cables and connector from the 2003-2005 round flanged plate and mount all of it on the 2006-2009 block and plug it in on the original connector on the bike?
Im talking abort moving the whole stator and not just one of the coils.

• grayracer513

Posted October 08, 2013 - 08:18 AM

If that could be done, even if it fit the case cover properly, it would most likely flip it left for right, and the trigger coil would then be in the wrong place in relation to the crank; ignition timing would be wrong. I don't have one of either in front of me, but if I recall things correctly, I don't see it working.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.