Rampart Range on 1/1/04??? is it possible?

7 replies to this topic
  • Carlisle1972

Posted December 29, 2003 - 12:39 PM

Thinking of riding at Rampart on 1/1/04 anyone been there in the last couple of days? Today is Mon 12/29/03. Thanks

• HighPlainsWR

Posted December 29, 2003 - 07:41 PM

Talked with someone who was at Woodland over Christmas Day and he said he should have brought his snowmobile instead. Can't imagine Rampart is any better. Maybe Texas Creek, but that last storm was South of the Palmer Divide. :) At this point it looks like Pueblo, Pawnee National or a quick weekender to Rabbit Valley. :D

• Carlisle1972

Posted December 29, 2003 - 09:32 PM

I would love to get out to rabitt valley I love that place, Pawnee is fun but gets old after about 3 or 4 hours, Maybee Pueblo :) Thanks Blue Bike riders

• renegade

Posted December 30, 2003 - 07:43 AM

I heard from a TT member who drove down to rampart to check on conditions. He said basically that all the trails are snow packed, and it looked like it would stay that way till spring. I wanted to go there too, as I have this week off from work. Oh well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • the426master

Posted December 30, 2003 - 12:09 PM

you guy's should go to Chadwick Missouri there is about 115 miles of trails there and it is some what similar Rampart but no snow chadwick is right below Springfield missouri I am going the 2nd 3rd and 4th :)

• Disco

Posted December 30, 2003 - 08:06 PM

Hey Renegade in Nederland-

I live in Highlands Ranch and was also thinking of doing some riding this weekend. I hate to do the Pueeeeblo thing (its just plain UGLY down there). How are the trails up in your neck of the woods? You live in beautiful country, how are the trails - snow packed as well??

Any recommendations for riding around here?

Tks!

• renegade

Posted January 01, 2004 - 02:26 PM

Hey Renegade in Nederland-

I live in Highlands Ranch and was also thinking of doing some riding this weekend. I hate to do the Pueeeeblo thing (its just plain UGLY down there). How are the trails up in your neck of the woods? You live in beautiful country, how are the trails - snow packed as well??

Any recommendations for riding around here?

Tks!

Disco, all the trails up my way are snowed in. They're great riding from late spring thru late fall. I will probably go to lefthand canyon/jamestown tomorrow [friday the 2nd] to poke around abit. Some of that area has been shut down due to some action taken by an adjacent landownwer, but I'm desperate for some riding, so it will have to do. I may not check back into TT before then, so if you are interested and want to contact me you can call me at 303-258-0246, I will probably try to get there about noon.
Renny

• Disco

Posted January 11, 2004 - 08:46 PM

Sorry about not getting back Renny-

We did Pueblo and just like I remember, it was just hills-n-dirt. Yum yum.

Cant wait for the snow to melt!!! I'll drop you a line sometime, maybe I'll meet you up Nederland. Woodland park is also pretty cool...endless trails down there....

Feel free to drop me a line anytime you want to go riding!!!

Dan
letsbe4real@yahoo.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.