Yz450f

3 replies to this topic
  • Jamesm1998d

Posted October 06, 2013 - 05:12 PM

I have a 2006 yz450f it wont start and when i try to it spits some gas out the air intake anyideas why?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 06, 2013 - 05:15 PM

How do you know it is spitting gas?

We need a whole lot more info to help you..........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jamesm1998d

Posted October 06, 2013 - 05:47 PM

I took the airbox and filter off and when i kick it gas spitts out the intake. I have cleaned all the jets but it didnt seem to help at all.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 06, 2013 - 06:07 PM

I took the airbox and filter off and when i kick it gas spitts out the intake. I have cleaned all the jets but it didnt seem to help at all.

You mean it spits backwards out the carb?

The carb is supposed to 'spit gas' into the engine....it's called the accelerator pump...

If the pump nozzle it in backwards, which would not be easy to do, it would do that.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.