Help please!...Hard starting yz426

4 replies to this topic
  • yammyz426

Posted October 06, 2013 - 10:56 AM

I have a 2000. I did a light porting job, hotcams I&E, ive tried stock, 45 &48 pilot jets, tried air fuel screw at numberous locations. Takes me many many kicks to even get it to start usually not staying on. I have stock exhaust as well. Compression and spark are there. Checked valves and they are good. Air filter is clean and am running no lid with mesh screen removed in airbox as well. Im at 630 ft elevation. What am I doing wrong? Whats next? I cant tune it to what it needs if I can get it to even start...help!...

• yam478

Posted October 08, 2013 - 01:48 PM

Someone has to know at least what to look for. I can't believe nobody said anything yet about it. :ph34r:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lastsilverdollar

Posted October 08, 2013 - 07:02 PM

I'm certainly no expert, but I was having the same issues with mine. It turns out my local gas station was putting ethanol in the 93 octane gas. I've been adding octane booster ever since and it seems to like it much better. Like I said, no expert, but it couldn't hurt to try.

• lastsilverdollar

Posted October 08, 2013 - 07:09 PM

I also assume you are conducting the 426 starting ritual- these suckers are all notorious hard starters.

• yam478

Posted October 11, 2013 - 05:17 AM

Hopefully the av gas will make her come alive!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.