front brake levers

6 replies to this topic

Posted December 29, 2003 - 07:36 AM

Where can I get the shorty style front brake levers for a 1999 WR 400. I bought the bike with them already installed, but need to replace. MSR makes a set but they don't list the wr 400 as an option only the yzf 400 will those work. Any other ideas are appreciated.

• tp3dxf

Posted December 29, 2003 - 01:24 PM

The stockers on my 01WR426 are pretty much shortys. They cost like 40 bucks though. But it's the same size as my MSR Raptor Shorty clutch lever.

Posted December 29, 2003 - 02:09 PM

Moose makes some but I have to wait until a store opens for me to order them. Couldn't find them online and the shops aren't open on monday's :) Anyway, I am going to measure the one I have now and see exactly how long it is and compare that to stock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tp3dxf

Posted December 29, 2003 - 07:24 PM

I measured my brake lever it's about 4 1/2" from the pivot to the end. Here is a pic [url=] Stock 01WR Brake lever. /url]

My MSR Shorty Raptor lever from the pivot to the end is 5 1/2" I highly recommend the Raptor clutch lever. It has mutiple setting so you can adjust the clutch pull. Its great and it's cheaper then the stock front brake lever.
Oh and by the way that avitar of yours is way funny! Where did you find her?

• tp3dxf

Posted December 29, 2003 - 07:26 PM

Oops here is the pic. Stock 01WR426 brake lever.

• galant2nr

Posted December 30, 2003 - 06:31 AM

Oh and by the way that avitar of yours is way funny! Where did you find her?

If he lives in Chico, that picture was probably taken at the local park on a Sunday morning. They know how to party there... :)

Posted December 30, 2003 - 07:37 AM

My lever isn't like that. It is a little different set up. Mine is on a 99 wr 400 they must have changed perches or something. Mine was about 5 inches. So as long as I find something in that range I think it will be fun.
Avatar, I got it in an email and thought it was pretty funny, I am kicking myself for not saving the full size image.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.