Fuel Injection Tuners

8 replies to this topic
  • Steve@SkylineSynthetics

Posted October 03, 2013 - 09:15 PM

I live in Colorado, just got a 13' WR450. Anyone have any good exerience with a tuner at upper elevations yet? Thinking of the GYTR or Two Bros. Juice Box. Looking for feedback. (I got a FMF Q4 Hex S/A coming and the GYTR programmable ECU with throttle stops coming.)

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted October 04, 2013 - 07:27 AM

I live in Colorado, just got a 13' WR450. Anyone have any good exerience with a tuner at upper elevations yet? Thinking of the GYTR or Two Bros. Juice Box. Looking for feedback. (I got a FMF Q4 Hex S/A coming and the GYTR programmable ECU with throttle stops coming.)

Are you having a problem with mixtures as the elevation changes ? 2 weeks ago I rode from 3,000 to nearly 8,000 feet with no issues. I couldn't tell any difference in engine operation. I know 8,000 feet is nothing compared to what CO has, but it still worked well for me. Guys are carbureted bikes were saying they noticed a difference.

• vlxjim

Posted October 04, 2013 - 08:32 AM

I went with the GYTR power programer. As it works and was made for the bike. I'm sure the others work well. But how complex do you want to be. The GYTR power programer does not need a computer and is easy to use. I run the Q4 HEX as well.

• Steve@SkylineSynthetics

Posted October 04, 2013 - 10:40 AM

Are you having a problem with mixtures as the elevation changes ? 2 weeks ago I rode from 3,000 to nearly 8,000 feet with no issues. I couldn't tell any difference in engine operation. I know 8,000 feet is nothing compared to what CO has, but it still worked well for me. Guys are carbureted bikes were saying they noticed a difference.

I just got the bike so I need to uncork it. The half throttle thing with the throttle stops was annoying and the little pea shooter exhaust tip had to go. It's boggy and it doesn't stay running sometimes at idle, but when running above idle, it is smooth and responsive. Elevations didn't seem to affect it. I don't want to go extreme, I want simple but yet have full potential while managable up and over obstacles. I had a CRF450X and I am just used to that power, it ran like a champ. I know within time and a few mods this will exceed the carburetor that the X had.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vlxjim

Posted October 04, 2013 - 12:59 PM

I rode mine stock so that I could feel that 18 HP at work. I've said it before, how can you sell a bike that comes stock like this. All dealers should have a package that they stock and sell with the bike. You are going to freak out after the few mods that are needed on this bike. These are some fast powerful WR's. 

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted October 04, 2013 - 03:04 PM

I rode mine stock so that I could feel that 18 HP at work. I've said it before, how can you sell a bike that comes stock like this. All dealers should have a package that they stock and sell with the bike. You are going to freak out after the few mods that are needed on this bike. These are some fast powerful WR's.

+1. Don't worry about anything until you get the throttle stop removed, the competition tuner installed and a muffler on the bike. Then you can see if you need a tuner. Hint: my bike runs away from a tuned and ported YZ250F with a bore and stroke kit.

Posted October 04, 2013 - 03:19 PM

Once you add those items to the bike and uncork it a little it will go from mild to wild. Nice thing about the tuner, it gives you the option.

• vlxjim

Posted October 04, 2013 - 04:20 PM

Once you add those items to the bike and uncork it a little it will go from mild to wild. Nice thing about the tuner, it gives you the option.

I used the tuner to smooth it out. If not it is wild. 

Posted October 04, 2013 - 05:19 PM

I used the tuner to smooth it out. If not it is wild.

stock mapping with those add ons will make it a little more snappy as it will be on the lean side.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.