09 yz450f hesitation? Stator?

2 replies to this topic
  • dch5110

Posted October 01, 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hi all, so as stated I have an 09 yz450f that has a hesitation(miss) at steady throttle. I tried researching and found many different things causing similar problems for others. so I began checking for exhaust leaks, broken or bare wires, even got into the carb and cleaned it all out checked the needle, changed needle position, switched out a few pilot jets, unplugged the tps, and checked the valves again. Still runs the same. So now im to the stator, I was going to check it for metal shavings on the pickups and such and didn't really find any. But I did find on the one coil a black spot and thought it looked like maybe something shorted out in there? Is there a way I can check this with a multimeter or something to verify that its bad before I drop money to buy a new one? any help with this would be much appreciated, this hesitation is getting quite frustrating       :confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 01, 2013 - 09:33 PM

The tests are in the manual.  They don't always catch 100% of the bad stators, though.  A broken wire can sometimes make good enough contact to ring out OK with a VOM.  Slap it on the bench a couple of times with the leads hooked up, see if it changes things.

• dm09YZ250F

Posted October 03, 2013 - 10:08 PM

I have a 2009 YZ450F that had a hesitation, the hesitation is in the ignition,I tried jetting with no luck as well, do search there is alot of info out there

I purchased a MSD ignition and had Jesse at Williams MotoWerx put one of his custom maps in and the hesitation is gone and bike has more power, Love it !!

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.