426f submerged in water

3 replies to this topic
  • walters426f

Posted October 01, 2013 - 03:52 PM

hey was out for a ride yesterday, and while going threw a fairly deep and long puddle I hit a log that threw me off the bike. the bike fell into the puddle and quickly died. anyway I changed the oil 4 times and there dose not  appear to any more water in the oil and bike is running excellent. my question is is there spose to be a cover on the top of the air box? there appears to be holes for a cover to bolt on there under the seat just wondering if there should be one there. ive done some searching and cant find any info on it. thx the bikes a 2000 yz426f

Edited by walters426f, October 01, 2013 - 03:53 PM.

• vlxjim

Posted October 01, 2013 - 06:23 PM

Those holes are for the snorkel that was removed. It wouldn't have helped if it was there. It's one of the mods done to the bike to make it breathe better. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pooley

Posted October 14, 2013 - 03:50 PM

Make sure you occasionally check the drain on the bottom of the airbox.  If it plugs up with gunk and you submerge the bike, the airbox will retain all the water and immediately push humongous amounts of water into the engine when you try to restart it.  Check it every time you ride just to be sure.  Trust me on this one... :)

• Hurst62

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:34 PM

Sorry to hear! If it makes ya feel any better....I took my wr for a swim yesterday as well!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.