2014 YZ450f Flywheel

Engine Flywheel Weights

1 reply to this topic
  • drtrcr400

Posted September 29, 2013 - 08:25 AM

So I'm in the process of selling my '12 to buy a '14 and want to know if anyone can confirm that the GYTR flywheels are different.  I'd like to keep the GYTR flywheel and transfer it to the new bike if possible.  I know both the stock and GYTR flywheels have different part numbers.  However, the parts diagrams look identical and I've found no mention in reviews or specifications of changes to the flywheel or crankshaft.  I know the bike has not been out very long but I'm hoping someone has at least tried this or compared the two parts. 

On a side note, I contacted IMS the other day.  They are currently working on an oversize tank for the '14(No surprise).  Sounds like it will retain the stock shrouds and not protrude like the 10-13 design.  I'm excited to see how it turns out.  Anyways, thanks for the help!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hostile silence

Posted December 21, 2013 - 12:01 PM

I am also interested to know if the 2010-2013 flywheel will fit the 2014...

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.