10oz flywheel weight= tractor!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • felixx

Posted December 18, 2001 - 08:18 PM

I just had a 10oz flywheel weight put on last week end ...wow i can pull hills in third no prob.This is the best mod i have done!!!! Not one stall all day !!!can't waite for the tight trails!!!

c-ya

• John_H

Posted December 18, 2001 - 11:29 PM

That's cool to hear. I just ordered a 12 oz. for my WR. Should be on this weekend. Very excited, especially to try some rocky single track stuff.

• strack

Posted December 19, 2001 - 06:01 AM

felixx where did you order your 10oz. weight from, because i would really like to have one, i have a 98 yz400 and have a buddy that has a 99 with a 10oz already on it when he bought it, and i love it. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tommy_Gun

Posted December 20, 2001 - 06:46 AM

The addition of a flywheel weight is IMHO the single best mod you can do for the mighty YZFs. The MXers may not appreciate it as much, but for ANY other use, it is incredible due to the better torque, easier starting, and lack of stalling.

You can get a Steahly unit at your dealer or call Steahly Off-Road at: 800-800-2363
-Tom

• felixx

Posted December 20, 2001 - 08:23 AM

Hey strack, The kit i bought was from white bros.I wanted the whole flywheel with the weight already on but my shop ordered the wrong item, they ordered me just the 10oz kit. So i said what the hell i will keep it. Plus they gave me a deal on install only 55$ bucks to put the kit in cause they ordered the wrong part.I really love to hill climb and all the hills i can pull in third . I can actually accelerate up hills now and there is no need to shift as much just chugg it and short shift. The torqe is awsome!!!

c-ya

• factorymark343

Posted December 20, 2001 - 02:06 PM

i race motocross and put a 10 oz on my 01 426 and its the best thing i done to the bike yet. it tracks so much better and makes it almost impossible to stall.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.