Big mistake, I took the WR to the MX track

10 replies to this topic
  • WR450F_4600FT

Posted December 28, 2003 - 01:01 PM

I let a buddy of mine talk me into going to the track to see how the WR could do. After not riding the track for over 4 years, I felt at home again after just a couple laps. I turned the comp & rebound in three clicks to help with the MX jumps. I couldn’t seem to clear this one long tabletop and the landing was a little hash! but the bike did real good on everything I landed correctly.
The real mistake was ridding my buddies 04 CRF 450, I still couldn't clear that tabletop, but when I bounced off the end of the thing it felt so much better, so much lighter. I'm afraid that I'm sold on the CRF now. Unless I can find someone that wants to trade, I guess I'll be getting the 05 CRF when it comes out. My wife just walked in as I'm typing this, and after reading my post she says why don't you just get the CRF and keep the WR? Well say no more. So I'll either wake up soon or I'll be able to keep the WR and get the CRF when the 05 hits the shop! I'm sorry but I have to say I have the best wife in the world!!!

• gfergtr74

Posted December 28, 2003 - 01:22 PM

She have sister?

• WR450F_4600FT

Posted December 28, 2003 - 01:26 PM

Sorry, but no :)

• endurodog

Posted December 28, 2003 - 07:45 PM

The WR does ok on the MX track but not as good as a specific MX bike. I have been lucky enough to keep 2 bikes also. If you can swing it thats the way to go :)

• huskyrider

Posted December 28, 2003 - 08:28 PM

She have sister?

LMAO
You know whats funny, the first thing I thought while reading the end of your post was, I wonder if she's got a sister!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sylvain

Posted December 29, 2003 - 05:42 AM

You have the BEST one I beleive !

Do you really deserve her ? :) :D

Bests wishes to you and your wife

• FedEx250F

Posted December 29, 2003 - 05:58 AM

Bless your wife. She is a saint!!

• WR450F_4600FT

Posted December 29, 2003 - 04:39 PM

Thanks all, She says I do deserve her, but I'm not so sure.
:) :D

• Poway Rider

Posted December 29, 2003 - 04:55 PM

I wonder why so many people compare the WR450 to a CRF450? The real comparison is the YZ450 and CRF450. I bought my WR450 for a different purpose than the CRF450 is suited for - I wanted e-start, headlight for night riding and excellent performance. Honda could not offer me a bike to meet these needs.

• r1superstar

Posted January 02, 2004 - 04:37 PM

I wonder why so many people compare the WR450 to a CRF450? The real comparison is the YZ450 and CRF450. I bought my WR450 for a different purpose than the CRF450 is suited for - I wanted e-start, headlight for night riding and excellent performance. Honda could not offer me a bike to meet these needs.

This are my thoughts as well. :)

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted January 02, 2004 - 07:34 PM

It looks like thye will soon with that CRF450X. They have the 250 version (WR250 equivalent) now. I bet it will be a nice ride.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.